The Times Higher Education (THE) has released its Asia University Rankings 2021 list, and 16 Pakistani universities have made it to the top 500 educational institutes.
The list of top Asian universities features more than 500 institutions this year. As per the list, leading the chart among Pakistani universities is Quaid-i-Azam University (QAU), followed by Abdul Wali Khan University Mardan and COMSATS University Islamabad.
Other institutes from Pakistan that are ranked among the top 500 featured in the list are mentioned below.
- Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS)
- University of Punjab
- University of Peshawar
- University of Agriculture Faisalabad
- Islamia University of Bahawalpur
- University of Sargodha,
- University of Engineering & Technology (UET) Lahore
- Government College University Lahore
- The Islamia University of Bahawalpur
- PMAS Arid Agriculture University Rawalpindi
- University of Sargodha
- University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences Lahore
Ranking at the top in the list is China’s Tsinghua University, followed by Peking University at second spot, and National University of Singapore in third place.
The universities in the list are ranked by analyzing the same 13 performance indicators that are used by World University Rankings. Some of the key indicators on which the universities are judged include their core missions, teaching, research, knowledge transfer and international outlook.